PLACES

KASEGAON

Situated in 1745' north latitude and 7555' east longitude, Kasegaon lies eight miles to the north-east of Sholapur, the district head-quarters, in South Sholapur taluka and has, according to the Census of 1971, a total population of 3,845 souls. The village has a post office and a middle school besides a primary school. Wells form the main source of water-supply.

The village is known for the Hemadpanti temple dedicated to Kasesh-war approached by a flight of stone steps leading from the court-yard. To the left of the entrance on the side walls could be seen some figure sculpture. The hall or mandap has eight pillars.

TOP