National Informatics Centre (NIC)
NIC SOLAPUR is a premiere Scientific and Technical ( S & T ) institution of the Government of India, established in 1976, for providing e-Government / e- Governance Solutions adopting best practices, integrated services and global solutions in Government Sector. At present NIC is part of Dept. of Information Technology, under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Govt. of India. NIC District Centre Solapur was established in 1988 at Collector Office, Solapur. Initially the Centre was operational in the premises of the South Solapur Tahsil office, in the Collectorate campus. Later it was shifted to the main building of the Collectorate in 1994. Since then District Unit of NIC is located here.
NIC’s Video conferencing services have been started since Jan.2004. As a part of e-governance, NIC-Solapur is involved in implementing many application softwares since its establishment. Due to the initiatives taken and valuable feedbacks, the centre was involved in many important projects as a pilot implementing district for beta testing.
The centre is responsible for other setups such as
- Full fledged Computer Centre at Zilla Parishad and its various branches.
- Full fledged Computer Centre at District Court and its connecting branches.
- Computer Centre at District Industries Centre.
- Computer Training to office staff members of Govt. and Semi-Govt. offices.
- Training to staff members of Govt. and Semi-Govt. offices for various application softwares.
- Establishment of computer centers at all Tahsils, BDOs and TILRs offices of the district.
- Establishment of Computer Centers at all Sub-divisional offices of the District.
- Establishment of LAN at Collectorate, district court and Zilla Parishad.
- Successful implementation of various projects as per the guidelines from NIC-HQ and NIC Maharashtra State Centre, Mumbai from time to time.
Support to Other Govt. / Semi.Govt Offices
Apart from above NIC-Solapur is extending technical support to following office in their day to day computerisation activities.
- District Collectorate, Sub-Divisional Offices and Tahsils.
- Zilla Parishad
- District Court
- National Sample Survey Organisation
- Central Water Commission
- District Rural Development Agency
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Pokharapur, Taluka Mohol
- District Treasury
- Central Excise
Present setup of NIC consists of a rack server, a windows server, windows clients, multifunction device, 24 x 7 UPS, video conference studio. 24 x 7 video conference, 24 x 7 network support over 100 mbps & 34 mbps leased, services are provided to District Administration. Almost 200 computer systems are on NICNET. Network services are extended to various branches of Collectorate for their online applications or State as well as Central Govt. The District Unit of NIC is guided by the State Informatics Officer, Maharashtra State Centre, Mumbai and NIC, Head Quarters, New Delhi.
Two officers, District Informatics Officer and Additional District Informatics Officer are entrusted for the well functioning of the district NIC centre.
SHRI. MOHANKUMAR S. BASHIRABADKAR, SCIENTIST-E / DISTRICT INFORMATICS OFFICER / TECHINCAL DIRECTOR, NIC-SOLAPUR, and SHRI. UTKARSH M. HONKALSE, SCIENTIST-E / ADDITIONAL DISTRICT INFORMATICS OFFICER / PRINCIPLE SYSTEMS ANALYST, NIC-SOLAPUR.
CONTACT DETAILS –
THE DISTRICT INFORMATICS OFFICER,
NIC DISTRICT UNIT, SECOND FLOOR, MAIN BUILDING,
COLLECTOR OFFICE, SOLAPUR – 413003 MAHARASHTRA,
EMAIL : mahsho[at]nic[dot]in
URL : https://solapur.gov.in